Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Dia numero dos en Espana

      Yes, I know that the title is lacking tildes.  Considering I am using a Spanish keyboard with a button for the Ñ, this shouldn´t be a problem.  But I still cant figure out how to get them.  I need to get wifi access so that I can Skye because I feel so disconnected from everyone and everything already. 
      Today started off great.  I woke up and ran along the river.  I even found a nice (but short) bike path near a park.  There is a park right outside my house that has work out machines and elliptical type machines! Its hilarious to see them right next to the playground.  Unfortunatly, they dont do much cause there are no weights for them.
       I got back and took a shower.  That was another experience in itself.  The shower heads are the kind that you either have to hold, or place in a little u-shaped grove above your head.  Unfortunately, I couldn´t figure out how to position it so that the spout wasn´t facing the wall.  So i had to lean again the wall to get any water.  After breakfast, my host mom Eva and I headed for the post office, where I met up with the rest of the students from my program.  We had a short orientation session and got our pictures taken for our University of Granada student IDs. 
      Apparently there was some miscommunication between me and my host mom (literally the story of my life right now) I thought she was coming to get me from the post office afterwards so I waited about 20 minutes before heading back to her house in the totally wrong direction.  After asking someone on the street, I had to go back to where I started and start again.  I got home to a smiling host mom, delicious salad, and large plate of spaghetti.  Its Eva's sons 10th birthday today.  Some of their family is coming over tonight to celebrate.

Feliz Cumpleanos a Jorge! Adios para a hora.

Kristen

1 comment:

  1. Well, Kristen, you've only been writing about two days worth of experiences and you've already made me laugh aloud because I can remember miscommunications I had with my host family and the shower thing - what do they expect you to do with that? I'm reliving my younger study abroad days through you! :)

    You'll adapt quickly, I'm sure. I can't wait to hear about the rest of the semester - enjoy!

    Emo

    ReplyDelete