Wow, less then a week left in Spain! Unfortunately I'm really, really stressed at the moment. Also, I have absolutely no motivation to study for my five finals. This is a big problem because I have three on Monday and two on Tuesday. I didn't have class yesterday so I devoted the day to studying for my Historia de Espana final. I procrastinated A LOT though and I have a feeling that today is going to be the same. It's 12:40PM and although I've been up since 8AM, I have yet to start studying today. Here are the things that are really stressing me out right now:
1. Finals (obviously). I don't know why I let myself get so nervous and freaked out about them.
2. The OPI (Oral Proficiency Exam). This is an online phone interview exam that I am taking when I get back to the U.S. In order to get certified to teach Spanish and also to take one of the classes that I am signed up for next semester I have to score an advanced low. I've talked to a few people that have taken it already and none of them passed it the first time. One girl had to take it four times and it's a $134 test! (at least for the first time you take it, then I think it's less when you have to retake it).
3. My online summer class starts on Monday too. I can't figure out how to purchase the online book and material for it. I also don't know when I'm going to have time to work on that.
4. I'm probably not going to have a job for the Summer which means I will be bored and not have spending money.
5. When am I going to have time to pack up all of my stuff?!
Alright here is just a few things about this past week...
It was SUPER hot here this entire week. I felt pretty sick and tired a lot because I don't do well in the heat. The last week of classes were pretty uneventful. I wrote a five page paper for Flamenco and finally finished up reading my novels for Literatura Espanola. Yesterday morning I went on a wonderful last extra long run along the river (9 miles). I didn't look at my watch one time and just tried to take in the beautiful views of the mountains, river, and town. In the afternoon I went to a tattoo parlor that is close to the CLM with my three friends because my one friend was getting a sparrow tattoo on her inner ankle. After that we went to Ranchito Mexican Restaurant. I had a tinto de verano because I am a cheep skate while they got Margaritas and Pina Coladas. They bought us a plate of nachos for a tapa and it made me want taco night at my house so bad!